The ArtHaus Monthly Salon Series
Every First Tuesday of the Month!
Speaker Series | Exhibit Opportunities | Networking | Mentorship
CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Join us Tuesday, APRIL 5th for our ‘Let Art Heal’ Group Art Exhibit & Silent Auction! Each month, the ArtHaus will host a Salon event at Our House Culture Center to:
- Connect: with the community even before opening,
- Educate & Develop Leaders: our Speaker Series is focused on relevant, “right-now” topics for young and budding professionals, and entrepreneurs,
- Fundraise: we need $75,000 to finish renovations and every value-packed event gets us closer!
Our solution is a win-win monthly event!
FOR INTERESTED ARTISTS…
We are excited that you are interested in participating in our Art Salon & Silent Auction. This event is a curated art exhibit around the theme “Let Art Heal.”
In solidarity with Ukraine and as a healing event for the community after 2+ years of a pandemic and escalating gun violence in the city, artists are encouraged to interpret this theme in any way that resonates with them (abstract, realistic, gun violence, domestic violence, family separation, racism, etc.) Works need not be recently created but should reflect the theme: healing, restoration, humanity, etc.
The ArtHaus Board will select (4) four artists of any genre, style or medium, exhibit at the show. There is no fee to apply.
- there is a $10 donation/fee due immediately payable via our Donorbox page (a link will be provided). This donation is 100% tax-deductible.
- We will spotlight your work on our marketing channels prior to and during the event,
- Your headshot, logo and bio will be posted on the ArtHaus website,
- All participating artists are encouraged to promote the event and share the ticket link with their supporters.
Artists are required to bring their own hanging and/or display apparatuses. Tables will be available on site. Note: NO nails or tacks can be used on the walls. Command Strip-style hanging tools should be used. Artists CAN bring grid-walls or other display structures as needed.
THE AUCTION AGREEMENT
As a fundraiser, the silent auction will be live from 6:00pm to 7:45pm. Please ONLY exhibit work that you are comfrotable being auctioned for this event.
YOU set your starting auction price. You will receive a blank bidding sheet to be completed for the auction. For works that are auctioned, we are offering a 75/25 split of the auction proceeds: with the ArtHaus receiving 25% of the final auction price as a donation to the Restoration Project and the artists receiving 75% via bank check and/or electronic payment (PayPal or venmo), when possible. Please price your work with this in mind.
Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
Our House Culture Center: 6380 Germantown Avenue, Phila., PA 19144
Set-Up: 5:00pm SHARP
Artists MUST be set up and ready to show by 5:50pm.
* anyone arriving after 5:20pm will not be allowed to set up and/or exhibit and forfeits their donation/ fee.
Event: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Auction LIVE: 6:00pm-7:45pm
The host of the event will:
- Promote your work from the mic,
- Give you an oportunity to speak about your work, your process, etc.
- Entusiastically encourage patrons to bid on your work(s)!
Have a question? Reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Artist Bank, Inc.
The Artist Bank’s mission is to inspire creativity, growth and community through high-quality community arts, education and professional development programming. The Artist Bank, Inc. is a Philadelphia based nonprofit organization.
About The Germantown ArtHaus
The Germantown ArtHaus mission is to encourage and nurture creativity and personal growth through the promotion of high-quality community arts, wellness, education, and professional-development programming. The ArtHaus will be a collegial place where artists can create, exhibit, and sell their work. A vibrant hub for the community, the ArtHaus will also be a safe place for our children to experience the boundless opportunities for freedom of expression the arts make possible.