CALL FOR ARTISTS
ART EXHIBITS • COMMISSIONS • TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES + MORE!
AIRY ARTS STOREFRONT INSTALLATIONS!
Super cool opportunity where the organization connects professional artists with empty storefronts, and they create a temporary display in the windows for the neighborhood. They currently have 3 projects installed.
Add YOUR MARK to the ArtHaus or another local storefront! Don’t delay! Add your name to the hat!
Budget: check with org
Have a storefront? Apply here!
SHARE YOUR CRAFT WITH MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS!
We are looking for artists of various disciplines, skill sets and talents to help us make a difference in the community. Each visiting Artist will share their work and lead a hands-on lesson! Students will develop a piece of work to be on display at the Germantown Art & Sound Youth Edition event in June!
This is a paid opportunity with a stipend of $250.00. The Germantown ArtHaus will sponsor all Artists in need of security clearances as these are required to work in the school.
- 12 Week Program
- 1 Visiting Artist per week
- Mondays (2:30pm – 4:00pm)
- Starting late February 2024
- Art + Sound Youth Edition Show: June 2024
GERMANTOWN ART + SOUND
CREATIVE KICK BACK + ART SHOW
Germantown Art & Sound, a kickback for local creatives with an art show highlighting local artists. Complete with complimentary wine and a music playlist that is uniquely curated by our guests, we deliver your Friday night vibes just right.
This event is an unapologetic artist-focused experience.
- You will be promoted, encouraged and empowered to share your work;
- You’ll receive coaching & a Q+A with a professional artist as you prepare for your show;
- Patrons attend to view fresh and new Artists;
- Our host encourages them to support you… all night long!… so you don’t have to! It’s a #winwin.
CALL FOR ARTISTS | What You Get
- ALL ARTISTS must share links or sample work files that reflect their style of work. It does not have to reflect what you will exhibit.
- $50 ARTIST FEE: Selected artists will have 48 hours to remit payment before forfeiting to the next artist in line.
- PERKS! Selected Artists receive:
- PROMO FLYER: A branded, custom designed promotional flyer
- PHOTOSHOOT: Receive a complimentary professional photoshoot & video interview with Show Co-curator, Julian Griffin-Moore.
- PRE-SHOW COACHING: Participating Artists will receive a Group ZOOM Pre-Show Coaching session with Germantown ArtHaus Founder, Keisha Whatley
- ART & SOUND PROMOTIONS: All Selected Artists will be promoted on all sponsor & collaborator media channels.
QUARTERLY SHOW on 4th Friday | 7PM – 10PM
Our House Culture Center | 6380 Germantown Ave. | 19144
This gallery event is BYOB. Small bites may be for sale.
Transportation: Our House Culture Center is easily accessible by bus (route 23) and free & metered street parking is available.
Sound Good? Don’t take our word for it!
Additional Info | Your Art
Promote your work!
Share your story!
A perfect time to get your work in front of new patrons!
Keep 100% of your sales proceeds!
Contact the curators at email@example.com
Our House Culture Center (IG) Our House is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization dedicated to providing a platform and space for artists to network, gain exposure, share skills and knowledge with one another. Our House hosts events, collaborative exhibitions, group projects, and more on a broad range of important issues including environmental, economic, social and cultural sustainability through the development and leveraging of local and regional partnerships.
Vanessa Chandler (IG) Vanessa Chandler is a Philadelphia based freelance event planner. Vanessa has obtained nearly 4 years of experience in planning and executing social events. A small gathering of 5 friends, a student conference of 80 students, an art show with over 100 attendees; Vanessa has perfected her passion creating meaningful and valuable experiences and events of all calibers.
Julian Moore-Griffin (IG) Julian is a prolific storyteller. Whether penning articles spotlighting Philly’s Sneakers of Brotherly Love, social justice in the city, cultural and community happenings or capturing the city’s night life through his camera’s lens, his thoughtful applications give his work a colorful depth and layered meaning. Check out Julian Moore-Griffin!
The Germantown ArtHaus (IG) is committed to laying a stable foundation for our community so that we can build a better future together—from providing arts & education programs, to hosting resident artists, to creating an arts cafe – because we believe that when we provide a space to gain access to the arts, the community can not only create something new—it can thrive.
Our House Culture Center has two main entrances:
- One entrance has two steps up with no railing.
- The side entrance has no steps.
- The Our House restroom is gender inclusive.
For all accessibility questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.